Survivors in the Sand
Survivors in the Sand tracks international scientists trying to unlock the secrets of the world's deserts. This hour-long documentary, developed for prime-time national television, also looks at those who choose to live in the desert, these resilient people struggle to earn a living and sustain the fragile, arid land they call home.
As human populations grow, their impact on these vital lands has accelerated. Survivors in the Sand takes viewers around the globe to see desert dwellers and scientists grapple with the challenges facing them today.
- Meet an American Southwestern rancher who for three years has hauled water in an attempt to preserve the endangered Chiricahuan leopard frog on his ranch.
- Witness the successes and failures of ancient desert cultures.
- See how the Israelis have reversed the trend of desertification by building the world's first artificial savannah.
- Join American researchers tracking the desert's evolution on sophisticated 3-D displays.
- Watch Australian scientists take to the air to tackle overwhelming environmental problems brought on by their European ancestors.
Three continents - resilient survivors struggling to balance the desire for prosperity with the need to sustain the fragile, arid lands they call home. Videotaped in the deserts of Australia, the Middle East, and the American Southwest.
Order this video via email at email@example.com.